November 9, 2005
- Drop boundaries/turf issues between groups to collaborate to make real progress w/focus groups made up from all segments.
- Recognize the disparity between year around and seasonal residents (interest in job development, land use etc)
- Human services need to be accountable to work and plan together to provide services to all. Working together – collaboratively amongst all (ie. towns, cities, tribal, other organizations).
- Development of a county wide plan that involves citizen input.
- Reconvene this group in six months to discover actions taken and accomplishments.
- Develop both long and short term growth plans and hire someone to be responsible for implementation.
- Break down by categories the infrastructure for accessible services for elderly to use natural resources/lakes.
- Implement the plan and work together as a region.
- County master plan.
- Master plan for each township.
- Implement regional planning, smart growth and comprehensive land use plans with follow up and frequent public meetings.
- Regionalize government by consolidating town, city and county boards. Reduce administrative costs in school districts and invest savings where voters determine.
- Seek input from diverse groups when formulating the comprehensive plan.
- Receive suggestions unconditionally by the county board.
- Encourage NWRPC to coordinate monthly planning groups.
- Create four regional centers to build future development. Connect these with public transportation. Centers will feed off each other with respect to services, jobs, recreation, housing, education incubation center.
- Understand and utilize existing plans and committees.
- Consolidate public (and private) services (fire, EMS, police) between townships, city, county.
- Develop strong regional planning in NW Wisconsin. Direct connection of Co. Bds. Trade reps.
- Better – more open communications between Sawyer County – LCO – individual townships, all government agencies.
- Meaningful smart growth – encompasses equal representation between all. Not just special interest groups.
- To create a joint planning session between all county, township, village and city officials. To validate what was accomplished today, develop an implementation plan and provide support.
- Gather information and share plans driven by the Economic Advisors Committee of County Board.
- 3rd party (Extension office?) lead collection of these materials and organize.
- Develop a Regional Board to assist cities, towns, county in developing a Smart Growth Plan for the region.
- One to two representatives from each county, city, tribal, township boards to have a meeting similar to this, a joint planning session on working together.