SAWYER COUNTY BOARD OF APPEALS
FEBRUARY 17, 2009
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
2) Statement of the Board and Hearing Procedure
3) Statement of Hearing Notice
1) Town of Spider Lake – Robert A. Berkopec etux. Lot 6, being part of Gov’t lot 2, S 28, T 42N, R 7W; Parcel :2.13. Volume 626 Records page 481; CSM Volume 14 Page 260. 1.85 acres total. Property is zoned Residential/Recreational Two. Application is for the construction of a 24’ x 29’ addition onto an existing dwelling that is located approximately 39’ to the ordinary high-water mark of Clear Lake. The proposed addition will be located approximately 37’ to the ordinary high-water mark of the lake. This variance has been previously approved by the Spider Lake Township Zoning Board of Appeals with conditions. Variance is requested as Section 4.21(2)(a), Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance, would require the prior granting of a variance for any expansion of this dwelling as the dwelling is located less than 40’ to the ordinary high-water mark of the lake.
Findings of Fact:
2) Town of Winter – Paul D. Fritz etux. Lot 1, being part of Crawford Beach Subdivision, located in S 2, T 39N, R 5W; Parcel -5.1. Volume 455 Records page 214. 0.99 acres total. Property is zoned Residential One. Application is for the construction of a 2’ x 24’ addition onto the lakeside of an existing dwelling at a setback distance of approximately 69’ to the ordinary high-water mark of Perch Lake. The proposed addition will “square off” the lakeside wall, extend no closer to the lake than the existing eave and is part of a project to replace the dwelling roof. Variance is requested as Section 4.421(2)(b), Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance, would require that any addition be located on the landward side of the dwelling and no closer than 75’ to the ordinary high-water mark of the lake. The Town Board has approved with additional comments.
Findings of Fact:
1) Variance #06-034 – Jeffrey Miles, dba Trussworks – Request for extension
2) No Board of Appeals Public Hearing for March- No applications received