SAWYER COUNTY ZONING COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 20, 2009
Depending upon the length of the Public Hearing, the Zoning Committee may recess up to one hour for the purpose of a lunch break.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
2) Statement of Committee and Hearing Procedure
3) Statement of Hearing Notice
1) Town of Round Lake – Helen L. Mrotek (deceased) c/o Doug Mrotek. Lots 1 & 2, being part of the SW 1/4 NE 1/4 and the SE 1/4 NW 1/4, S 1, T 41N, R 8W; Parcels 3.5 and 3.6. Volume 543 Records page 424, Volume 552 page 437, Volume 671 page 136; CSM Volume 30 page 211. 20.16 acres total. Change from district Forestry One to district Agricultural Two. Purpose of request is for hobby farming. No decision received from the Town Board.
Findings of Fact:
CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATIONS
1) Town of Bass Lake – Jonjak Cranberry Farm, Inc. c/o Randy Jonjak. Part of Gov’t lot 2, S 33, T 40N, R 9W; Part of Parcel :2.1. Volume 406 Records page 79; Registration Doc#339637. Approximately 8 acres out of the total 37.34 acres. Property is zoned Agricultural One. Permit is desired for the three (3) year renewal of conditional use permit #00-003 for the location/operation of a non- metallic mineral extraction including a rock crusher, which was approved at public hearing on February 15, 2001 and renewed February 17, 2006. Said property is registered in accordance with the Wisconsin Administrative Code as a marketable non-metallic mineral deposit. The Town Board has approved the application with additional comments.
Findings of Fact:
2) Town of Draper – Heartwood Forestland Fund VI Ltd Partnership, Lessee: Milestone Materials. The S 1/2 of the NW 1/4, the NW 1/4 of the SW 1/4, S26, T 39N, R 4W; Parcels 7.1, 8.1 & 10.1. Doc# 351074; Lease Volume 746 Records page 399. Approximately 120 acres. Property is zoned Forestry One. Permit is desired for the three (3) year renewal of conditional use permit #03-014 for the location/operation of a non-metallic mineral extraction, including a rock crusher and asphalt plant, which was approved at public hearing on June 20, 2003. The Town Board tabled their decision to give the town time to review and investigate some complaints regarding the operation. At the January 16, 2009 Zoning Committee Public Hearing, the Zoning Committee also tabled their decision. No decision has been received from the Town Board.
Findings of Fact:
SPECIAL USE APPLICATIONS
SAWYER COUNTY PRIVATE SEWAGE SYSTEM ORDINANCE
SECTION 14 SAWYER COUNTY ZONING COMMITTEE
14.1 Any person who alleges that there is an error in any order, requirement or decision made in the enforcement of this ordinance may appeal to the Sawyer County Zoning Committee. Any appeal shall be made on forms furnished by the Zoning Department within 30 days of that administrative action. Other substantiating evidence will be accepted.
14.2 Wisconsin Fund Appeals.
(1) Request for initial review of determination. Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 68.08, any person in disagreement with the denial of a Wisconsin Fund application may have written or oral determination reviewed by written request mailed or delivered to the Zoning Office within 30 days of notice to such person of such determination. The request for review shall state the ground or grounds upon which the aggrieved contents that the decision should be modified or reversed. A request for review shall be made to the employee who made the determination.
(2) Appellate Review. Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 68.11, an appellate review of the initial determination shall be made to the Sawyer County Zoning Committee pursuant to Section 5.0 APPLICATIONS AND PROCEDURES, Sawyer County Zoning Committee – Rules and By-laws.
Sawyer County Zoning Committee – Rules and By-Laws
SECTION 4.0 POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE COMMITTEE
4.18 Hear Wisconsin Fund appeals.
ZONING POLICY ISSUES, ORDINANCE INTERPRETATOIN AND COMMITTEE GUIDANCE FOR DEPARTMENT STAFF
1) Review of Department Services
2) Committee’s possible consideration on hearing an application to place a horse on residential property under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
3) Consideration of waiving the one year refilling rule for Jennifer Metcalf-Town of Sand Lake
4) Review of Section 5.0 of the Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance – Signs
5) Revised Plat of Dreaming Trails Condominium (public access lot)
6) Fred Scheer development on Love Joy Lake regarding covenants and restrictions placed on approval)
7) Time of sale septic system inspection
8) Overdue reclamation fee’s and expired financial assurance
9) Out of County Travel – WCCA Spring Conference – March 26-27 - Wausau
10) Monthly Vouchers
CLOSED SESSION, pursuant to Section 19.85(1)(c), for the purpose of conducting an annual performance evaluation of an employee.