NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
STATE OF WISCONSIN
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to all persons that a PUBLIC HEARING will be held on Friday, January 20, 2006 at 9:00 AM in the Sawyer County Courthouse, 10610 Main, Hayward Wisconsin before the Sawyer County Zoning Committee relative to the following proposals:
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
2) Statement of Committee and Hearing Procedure
3) Statement of Hearing Notice
1) Town of Sand Lake – Johnson Timber Corporation and Futurewood Corporation c/o Phillip Johnson. Part of Gov’t lots 1 & 2 and part of the NW ¼ NE ¼, Section 14, T 38N, R 9W; Parcels :1.1, :1.2, :2.6, :2.8, parcel 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6. Volume 502 Records page 423 and Document #328362; CSM Volume 13 page 58 and Volume 13 page 74. 145.43 acres total. Change from district Agricultural One and Residential/Recreational One to district Residential/Recreational Two. The purpose of request is to create a campground. Also, application made for Conditional Use.
CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATIONS
1) Town of Bass Lake – Steven W. Vortanz etux. The west ½ of lot 5 of Court Oreilles Park Subdivision, being part of Gov’t lots 1 & 2, S 35, T 40N, R 9W; Parcel 5.2. Volume 560 Records page 198. 0.321 acres (approximately 13,983 square feet). Property is zoned Residential/Recreational One. Permit is desired for access to Durphee Lake, a Class 2 lake, for lots 5 & 6 of 2nd Addition Court Oreilles Park. The lake access lot would be substandard in size, contains wetlands, and has not been under continuous ownership with Lots 5 & 6 since June, 1995.
2) Town of Couderay – Sawyer County Highway Department c/o Gary Gedart. Part of the NW ¼ SE ¼, and the SW ¼ SE ¼, S 10, T 38N, R 8W, Parcels 14.1 and 15.1. Volume 517 Records page 109. 80 acres total. Property is zoned Agricultural One. Permit is desired for the three (3) year renewal of conditional use permit #97-023 for the location/operation of a non-metallic mineral extraction including rock crusher and hot mix plant, which was approved at public hearing on December 19, 1997 and renewed August 16, 2002. Variance #03-013 denied the use of a rock crusher and asphalt plant within 1000 feet of a residence.
3) Town of Lenroot – Vernon M. Gest etux (John H. Ahrens etux -New Owner). Lots 1-4, being part of the SE ¼, SE ¼, S 20, T 42N, R 9W; Parcels 16.1 & 16.4. Volume 378 Records page 207 & 388, CSM Volume 8 page 38-39. 5.75 acres total. Property is zoned Residential/Recreational Two. Permit is desired for the location/operation of an 80 site campground by the purchaser. The Town Board has approved the application. The application has been postponed from the November 17th Public Hearing.
4) Town of Winter – Dale H. Lehmann. Lot 29, Block 1, 1st Addition Bauers Heights Sub. S 28, T 38N, R 3W; Parcel 3.29. Volume 429 Records page 432. 0.58 acres. Property is zoned Residential/Recreational One. Permit is desired for exceeding the impervious surface limitation of 15% to a total of 25%, by the construction of a 36’ x 40’ garage. Variance #05.037 was approved for a 33’ setback for this garage to the centerline of Johnson Road.
5) Town of Winter – Karen A. Keating. Part of the SW ¼ NW ¼ and the SE ¼ NW ¼, excepting there from the wetlands as indicated on the Wetland Inventory Map, S 28, T 39N, R 5W; Parcels 7.1 & 8.1. Volume 688 Records page 265. Approximately 78 acres total. Property is zoned Agricultural One. Permit is desired for the three (3) year renewal of conditional use permit #00-023 for the location/operation of a non-metallic mineral extraction including a rock crusher, which was approved at public hearing on December 15, 2000. This renewal has excluded parcels -3101 and -3201, which were included in the original approval. A new reclamation plan and financial assurance will be required.
ZONING POLICY ISSUES, ORDINANCE INTERPRETATION AND COMMITTEE GUIDANCE FOR DEPARTMENT STAFF
1) Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments:
a) Electrical substations
b) Power generating windmills/solar panels
2) Lot sizes - rectangular lots vs non-rectangular lots
3) Monthly Vouchers
/s/James Bassett, Chairman
Sawyer County Zoning Committee
Sawyer County Zoning Administration
P.O. Box 676
Hayward, WI 54843
Copies: Committee Members
Dave Kafura, Water Management Specialist, DNR
Thomas J. Duffy, Corporation Council
Published: December 28, 2005
January 4, 2006