NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
STATE OF WISCONSIN
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to all persons that a PUBLIC HEARING will be held on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 8:30 AM in the Sawyer County Courthouse, 10610 Main Hayward, WI before the Sawyer County Zoning Committee relative to the following proposals:
Depending upon the length of the Public Hearing, the Zoning Committee may recess for up to one hour for the purpose of a lunch break.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
2) Statement of Committee and Hearing Procedure
3) Statement of Hearing Notice
MAPS OF PROPOSED REZONE AREAS MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE ZONING OFFICE
1) Town of Bass Lake – Sawyer County Housing Authority. Part of the NW ¼, NW ¼, S 4, T 40N, R 9W; Parcels 2202 & 2215. Document #328117 and #340553; CSM Volume 28 page 228. Approximately 3.38 acres. Change from district Commercial One to district Residential One. Purpose of request is for the construction of duplexes. The Town Board has denied the application. This application has been tabled from the November Public Hearing. The applicant requests the application be postponed until the June 2007 Public Hearing.
2) Town of Hayward – Craig, Richard and Norman Cooper. The W ½ of the NW ¼ NE ¼, S 13, T 41N, R9W; Parcels 1202 & 1203. Volume 638 Records Page 338. Residential/Recreational One. Purpose of request is to create residential lots for family members. The Town Board has tabled their decision with additional comments. This application has been postponed from the November Public Hearing by the request of the applicant. The Town Board has approved the application with additional comments.
3) Town of Round Lake – Roger E. Winters Etal dba Louie’s Landing Resort/Bar. Part of the SW ¼ SE ¼, S 14, T 41N, R 6W; Part of Parcel 15.1 lying northerly and westerly of Louie’s Landing Road. Volume 772 Records page 489. Approximately 12 acres. Change from district Forestry One to district Residential/Recreational Two. Purpose of request is to conform with the present residential/recreational use and the adjoining zone district.
4) Town of Round Lake – S & N The Oaks LLC c/o Fred Scheer. The SE ¼ SE ¼, S 30, T 41N, R 7W; Parcel 16.1 excepting the wetlands as indicated on the Wetland Inventory Map. Doc #340603. Approximately 25 acres to be rezoned out of the total 40 acres. Change from district Forestry One to district Residential/Recreational One. Purpose of request is to create 14 lots for residential use. In October, the Town Board tabled their decision with additional comments. This application has been tabled from the December Public Hearing by the request of the applicant.
5) Town of Weirgor – Secluded Land Company, LLC. Part of Gov’t lot 2, lying south and east of the Chippewa and Brunet Rivers. S 24, T 37N, R 7W; Part of Parcel 5201. Volume 564 Records page 389, Doc #331912. 38.59 acres. Change from district Agricultural One to district Agricultural Two. Purpose of request is for the development of 5 acre rural home sites.
CONDITIONAL USE APPLICATIONS
1) Town of Lenroot – Fred C. Scheer. Lot 39, being part of the SW ¼ NW ¼, S 7, T 41N, R 8W; Parcel 7.4. Volume 842 Records page 575; CSM Volume 27 page 39. 6.53 acres. Property is zoned Agricultural One. Permit is desired for the construction of a single family dwelling, owner not being engaged in agricultural activities. The Town Board has denied with additional comments. This application has been tabled from the September 2006 Public Hearing to allow the applicant time to apply for a change in zone district instead and gave the applicant until the January Public Hearing to apply. The applicant has withdrawn the CUP request and application for change in zone district will be heard in February.
2) Town of Radisson – Joseph Ince etux. The E ½ of the NW ¼ NW ¼, S 31, T 38N, R 6W; Parcel 2203. Doc #339759. 20 acres total. Property is zoned Agricultural One. Permit is desired for the construction of a single family dwelling, owner not being engaged in agricultural activities. The Town Board has approved the application.
SPECIAL USE APPLICATIONS
ZONING POLICY ISSES, ORDINANCE INTERPRETATION AND COMMITTEE GUIDANCE FOR DEPARTMENT STAFF.
1) Pipeline – utility exemption from local control?
2) Zoning Ordinance – 9.11(4)-Requirement to survey county for nonconforming uses and structures – State Statute 59.69(10)(3)(d) exemption
3) Section 4.26 Accessory Uses and Structures - should exceptions be heard as a variance (Board of Appeals) or as a conditional use?
4) Evaluation and prioritization of zoning department services
5) DOT/Sawyer County Quit Claim Deed – Bruce Miller's report
6) Mining Reclamation late fees
7) Special Public Hearing date (Swanson vs. Brauer)
8) Zoning Committee Workshop, March 2007 - Update
9) Public contact issues with Zoning Committee members
10) Monthly Vouchers
Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes 19.85(1)(c) for the purpose of conducting an annual
performance evaluation of an employee.
/s/James Bassett, Chairman
Sawyer County Zoning Committee
Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance
P.O. Box 676
Hayward, WI 54843
Copies: Committee Members
Dave Kafura, Water Management Specialist – DNR
Thomas J. Duffy, Corporation Council
Published: December 27, 2006
January 3, 2007