PUBLIC HEARING BEFORE THE
SAWYER COUNTY BOARD OF APPEALS
15 JANUARY 2008
Board of Appeals = BOA
RZ = Ray Zubrod, Chairman
AG = Alan Gerber, Vice-Chairman
KZ = Kenneth Zeroth
LN = Larry Neff
LR = Laura Rusk
HB = Howard Brossard, 1st Alternate
DH = Darwin Hintz, 2nd Alternate
Zoning Administration = ZA
WAC = William A. Christman, Zoning Administrator
CY = Cindy Yackley, Deputy Zoning Administrator
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
RZ calls the Public Hearing before the Sawyer County Zoning Board of Appeals to order at 7:00 P.M. in the Sawyer County Courthouse, 10610 Main St., Hayward, Wisconsin. Roll is called finding present: RZ, KZ, LR, HB.
2) Statement of Board and Hearing Procedures.
Those wishing to speak will be afforded the opportunity provided they identify themselves. RZ gives order of submitting files to BOA, taking testimony, and making a decision. Requests orderly procedure. Gives appeal deadline.
3) Statement of Hearing Notice.
Public Hearing published as a Class 2 Notice in accordance with Chapter 985 of the Wisconsin Statutes in the Sawyer County Record on January 2 and 9, 2008.
1) Town of Bass Lake – Steven A. Friendshuh. #08-001 Lot 1, being Part of Govt Lot 4, S 32, T 40N, R 8W, Parcel :4.3. Doc #342142; CSM Vol 15 Page 336. .46 acres. Property is zoned Residential/ Recreational One. Application is for the construction of an irregularly shaped 24’x24’ detached garage at a setback distance of 22’ to the centerline of a private access easement and 33’ to a wetland boundary. Variance is requested as Section 4.21(6), Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance, would require a minimum setback distance of 30’ to the centerline of this private access easement and Section 4.49(1) would require a minimum setback distance of 40’ to this wetland area. The Town Board has denied the application with additional comments. The applicant has withdrawn the application.
WAC reads the application into the record, and reads applicant’s letter requesting withdrawal.
KZ motions to accept withdrawal of application.
LR seconds motion.
1) Mike McFadden variance #07-023 – Originally asked for 39’x42’ basement beneath existing dwelling, 50’ from lake. BOA denied in October. McFadden asking for a rehearing. WAC explains the 12 month waiting process. McFadden asks BOA to waive the 12 months. BOA decides to waive the 12 months. McFadden asks Board for some kind of guidance as to whether they would possibly grant the application. BOA determines that there probably wouldn’t be a different outcome than in October unless the application changes some way. BOA can’t guarantee outcome and that it won’t be denied again. Deadline for next public hearing is 1st Fri. in Feb. for March. McFadden may reapply.
2) WAC passes out Summary of Variances heard in 2007.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MISCELLANEOUS
1) WAC asks if anyone interested in Wisline Training: April 9, 10:30-11:50 is shoreland managing. LR and HB will attend. March 26, 10:30-11:50 is recent case law. LR and RZ will attend.
2) The next regular meeting of the Sawyer County Board of Appeals on February 19, 2008.
HB motions to adjourn.
LR seconds motion.
pc: Board of Appeals – 7 County Board – 15
County Clerk – 1 WMS, DNR – 1
Corp. Counsel – 1 NABA – 1
Summary prepared by KT (January 16, 2008)