Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Meteor
†and the County of Sawyer relating to WISVOTE (Voter Registration services)
FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION, of the terms and conditions contained herein, the parties hereto agree as follows;
1. RELIER and PROVIDER understands that the State intends to maintain the official centralized database of voter registration information for WISVOTE.
2. RELIER and PROVIDER understand their responsibilities and requirements for complying with the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002 and state statutes. RELIER and PROVIDER accept their respective responsibilities to implement voter registration policies, procedures, and practices and maintain each voterís current registration documentation.
3. RELIER requests PROVIDER to enter and maintain voter registration data provided by RELIER within WISVOTE. RELIER agrees to pay a fee to PROVIDER equal to $1.00 per registered voter on March 31 of each year.
4. RELIER is required to keep on file the completed original Voter Registration Applications and submit a photocopy for data entry into WISVOTE to the PROVIDER.† RELIER agrees to provide completed voter registrations throughout the year. Any voter registration provided less that twenty (20) days before any election is not guaranteed to be included on the poll list for that election.
5. RELIER requests PROVIDER to update WISVOTE and track absentee voter activity for a fee equal to $1.00 per participating voter in the election. RELIER is required to provide absentee voter information to the PROVIDER within the time limit required by law.
6. RELIER requests PROVIDER to scan poll books and balance the voter count for the election for a fee equal to $1.00 per participating voter in the election.
7. PROVIDER agrees to enter and maintain RELIERís voter registration data within WISVOTE, enter and maintain RELIERís absentee voter activity according to the time limit required by law, scan poll books, and balance the voter count for the election.
8. PROVIDER will forward invoices to RELIER detailing fees after each election. RELIER will submit payment to PROVIDER within 60 days from receipt of invoice.
9. Either party to this MOU may terminate the MOU by providing ninety (90) days prior written notice to the other party.
10. The persons signing this Agreement warrant that they have been authorized to enter into this Agreement by and on behalf of their respective parties and they have full and complete authority to bind their respective parties by executing this Agreement.
11. This MOU is effective January 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018. In addition, this agreement will extend in six-month increments unless officially terminated.†
12. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties, intending to be legally bound, have executed this Agreement on the Date) shown below.
Municipality relying on Sawyer County†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† _Town of _____________
Printed Name††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† _Charlie Warner________________
Signed Name†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† _____________________________
Title†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† _Town of Couderay Clerk_________